[Arm-netbook] Paypal sabotage crowdfunding

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sun Dec 6 20:40:45 GMT 2015

On Sun, Dec 06, 2015 at 09:29:13PM +0100, Paul Boddie wrote:

> PayPal has a poor-enough reputation that I refuse to use their service at all:
> I've seen people struggle with getting an account enabled to be able to pay
> people fairly urgently, seeing them go round and round in the stupid card-
> sampling verification loop to no avail; it used to be possible to pay random
> merchants by card via PayPal, but now they appear to want you to create an
> account to do so, and even with an account in the bag, a simple transaction

I had a big fight with them a few years ago.  I bought something (theatre
tickets IIRC, no other payment option) via paypal, ticked the box saying that I
did NOT want an account; then received an email welcoming me to said account ...
long phone calls to Eire and Luxembourg finally got it closed and they then
banned me from ever making any other payment via them - although I did make one
a year later - and they did not open an account on that occasion.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/