[Arm-netbook] why i am persisting with this project

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Aug 6 16:22:33 BST 2015

On Thursday 6. August 2015 16.07.53 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> several people have left this mailing list, or have become lurkers, or
> are no longer actively supporting the project, yet i am absolutely
> committed to it despite that.

I'm certainly looking forward to a successful campaign and the availability of
the EOMA-68 cards and the micro-desktop. Are we any closer to you pushing the
big green "go" button? :-)

Paul

P.S. Political rant follows; feel free to ignore...

> if you would like to know why that is, this is the reason:
>
> http://www.theautomaticearth.com/2015/08/deflation-debt-and-gravity/

Sadly, too many people believe in the false and insensitive analogies applied
to the Greek situation of household indebtedness (debunked by Krugman, I
believe) and obesity (absurd in itself), with the tired phrase "tightening the
belt" bridging the two. The fact is that pan-European economic policies and a
dose of punitive austerity appears to have worsened the competitiveness of the
Greek economy to the point of collapse, and yet the creditors demand even
better performance than before.

Naturally, this comes at a considerable cost to the Greek people. One would
have thought that supposedly committed Europeans would understand the perils
of their policies and decisions, but I suppose it merely illustrates a
hypothesis I have that at least half the Nobel Peace Prize winners are brought
into considerable disrepute within only a few years of winning the prize,
undermining the credibility of the prize itself.