[Arm-netbook] Block Diagram EOMA-68 Handheld Games Console

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Sep 8 12:30:47 BST 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Richard Zink <zink at hexatux.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2014 11:38:58 +0200
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
>> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

>> http://www.memsic.com/accelerometers/MXC6226XU
>>
>> this is one that gives values from -128 to 127 - the MXC6226 not the MXC6225.
>
> Yes, the MXC6225 should give you the correct values for acceleration,

 a-a-ahh nooo, it *doesn't*.  it does *not* give *any* values for
acceleration, the MXC6225 is a *tilt* sensor.

> which is 64 LSB/g and a measuring range of +/- 2g.
> I don't have a device using this chip,

 i do.  i read the data using python-i2c.  it gave either 0x00 or
0xff.  that was all.  i did not see any changes in the values read
from the device when either shaking it or rotating it slightly.

> so I need to rely on the datasheet
> http://www.memsic.com/userfiles/files/Datasheets/Accelerometer-Datasheets/MXC622xXC-Rev-A_Data_Sheet.pdf )

> If I'm wrong with the datasheet, please point me to the correct one.

 ok that's a general-purpose datasheet covering the *family* of
MXC622x products (landing patterns, I2C communication protocols etc.).

 so it covers *both* the MXC6225 *and* the MXC6226 which have
*different* capabilities.  from what i can see, the 6225 has less
capabilities than the MXC6226.

 does anyone know where the specific datasheets are so that this can
be made absolutely clear?  the right IC needs to be found.