[Arm-netbook] A biggish 3D printer on kickstarter

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Oct 4 21:33:42 BST 2014

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 12:58 PM, peter green <plugwash at p10link.net> wrote:

>> I was under the impression flex funding implies they had
>> all the resources they needed. So even an order for 1 unit
>> will get built because they are already building it.

 ... in other words this is not a crowd-funding campaign at all, but a
shopping opportunity.

> Flexible funding always strikes me as missing the point of a crowdfunding
> campaign and treating the crowdfunding site as merely an advertising and
> preorder site.

 in other words... a shop.

 yeah this is what annoys me about tech-related crowd-funding: it's
pretty much impossible to find crowdfunding sites that allow actual
requests for funding to *develop* a potential product.