[Arm-netbook] A biggish 3D printer on kickstarter

Echo Peacock neal at pengpod.com
Sat Oct 4 16:25:57 BST 2014

Typos and flex funding.  I wouldn't touch it personally.

Sent from my Fire

On October 4, 2014, at 4:58 AM, peter green <plugwash at p10link.net> wrote:

joem wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-10-03 at 17:41 -0400, Christopher Havel wrote:
>
>> Flexible funding. That's a little concerning... not necessarily an
>> out-and-out indicator of a scam, but a red flag to me nonetheless.
>>

> I am not sure where that comes from.
>
> I was under the impression flex funding implies they had
> all the resources they needed. So even an order for 1 unit
> will get built because they are already building it.
> There is video of working unit.

I thought the whole point of crowdfunding campaigns was to deal with
those situations where you had a good idea but needed a minimum ammount
of committed funds to make it viable to move forward and where eaither
more traditional funding routes had failed or the creator didn't want to
give up control.

Flexible funding always strikes me as missing the point of a
crowdfunding campaign and treating the crowdfunding site as merely an
advertising and preorder site.