[Arm-netbook] A biggish 3D printer on kickstarter

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 11:29:47 BST 2014

On Fri, 2014-10-03 at 17:41 -0400, Christopher Havel wrote:
> Flexible funding. That's a little concerning... not necessarily an
> out-and-out indicator of a scam, but a red flag to me nonetheless.

I am not sure where that comes from.

I was under the impression flex funding implies they had
all the resources they needed. So even an order for 1 unit
will get built because they are already building it.
There is video of working unit.

If anything that is safer than fixed funding because
fixed funding is genuine frontier project where the tools such as
injection molds don't exist and promises of volume discount may
not materialise. I bought Snaak for example, and they nearly
went under because they estimate their tooling cost incorrectly
(happily an investor stepped forward to help them).

Anyway kickstarter/indiegogo is not a place for betting.
Its for frontier stuff where there is commitment
to fellow techies no matter what the outcome may be.