[Arm-netbook] crowd-funding landing page is up!

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Nov 4 22:50:46 GMT 2014

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 10:33 PM, Christopher Havel
<laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sent it to the two friends of mine who I thought were the likeliest to have
> any potential interest...

 thanks chris.

> While I hope the crowdfunding will go phenomenally well, I should probably
> point out that there needs to be a contingency plan for what to do if the
> response isn't even lukewarm... ;)

 we set the bar (MOQ) quite low and the... can't call it sale price
because that's not actually what it is... :)  we set the "gift level
where you will happen to receive a reward" high enough to cover even a
modest order quantity.

 and, the plan is, that if it goes above that then YAY!  we can put in
some fantastic extra things like additional OSes, FCC/CE Certification
paid-for, and a few extra things besides.

 so depending on what the volumes are, it develops more polish.

 but the nice touch which is being investigated right now is a
beautiful _wooden_ case.  we can do that because it's such a low-power
computer.  it'll be available as an option.