[Arm-netbook] Improv And Operation:Marketing for EMOA-*

mike.valk at gmail.com mike.valk at gmail.com
Mon May 26 14:38:49 BST 2014

<snip>

>  btw, joe... you'll like this i am sure, but it is a bit of a risk.
>
>  the inclusion of SATA on EOMA68, it is cutting us off from a ton of
> CPUs that are coming out for the tablet,tablet,tablet,tablet market -
> the $12 rk3188 for example, which would otherwise be perfect.
>
>  so i am inclined, especially because i anticipate USB3 SoCs coming
> along over the next 8-9 years, to replace SATA with USB2 and 2 other
> lines.  i think, joe, that one of them should be the "TTL high Power
> Line" for the voltage levels on GPIO (and UART).

Since we going for interoperability USB makes more sense indeed. USB1,2,3
is somewhat backward compatible, interoperable and is seems the better
choice.

Can we get away with a USB2 only on a USB3 connector? Otherwise the SoC is
forced to have USB3

No native SATA would reduce the use-case for a NAS.

If only thunderbolt would be widespread interface on SoC's.

<snip>