[Arm-netbook] EOMA, Improv etc

Boris Barbour boris.barbour at ens.fr
Fri May 23 16:15:00 BST 2014

On Friday 23 May 2014 16:56:08 peter green wrote:
> The problem is you have to answer the question of "what does this
> proposed new product offer that products that are already on the market
> do not".

If you are simply interested in performance now, this isn't the project for
you. The value proposition for me is maximally free arm hardware. For instance
allowing me to run debian natively.  I'm completely fed-up of "images on sd
cards", "download the driver from google here" etc. I want debian on a disk
and upgradeable as normal. Eoma goes a long way in that direction and offers
the longer-term avantages of low cost, reuse, modularity and even more
freedom. Obviously the economies of scale will not be there initally, but I
would definitely pay above the odds for a working product to help the project
get started.