[Arm-netbook] Improv And Operation:Marketing for EMOA-*

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri May 23 11:22:17 BST 2014

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 01:38:25 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>  so by prototype 2 when we finally had something to do software
> development on of the firmware, and i repeated the specification to
> him, to cut a long story short in effect he changed his mind and
> wanted a better specification.

Wow. Just .. wow. Luke, I'm tired of you blaming me for failures that had
nothing to do with me.

The reality is that we ended up waiting for the case work design, which I paid
several thousand for, and which never happened.

We did get PCB prototypes done up as well, and they were botched. Remember the
package sent to Philadelphia? The collection of screen, PCB and case which was
not assembled as expected and which did not work even once it was? The one we
forwarded on to you to work out the hardware issues on the PCB, and which
ended up as a huge patchwork of wires you had to add to get things working?
(That was some good work on your part, btw, to get that board near working ..)
... and then a new PCB was drafted and *you and your partner* started talking
about new SoCs ...

Rather than pumping *up* the specification as you asserted, I was the one who
asked you to *drop* the screen resolution in early 2013 to save production
costs. I did not ask for more CPU, more RAM, more disk, etc. over that time.
Things were kept extremely steady despite the changing competitor landscape,
something I repeatedly noted as a challenge to marketing the device as the
timeline continued to stretch out.

Your continued misrepresentation on this list is repulsive. Learn to take some
responsibility, or at the very least not blame others using lies to save your
own face. :/

--
Aaron J. Seigo