[Arm-netbook] Improv And Operation:Marketing for EMOA-*

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue May 20 17:10:18 BST 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday, May 19, 2014 17:21:13 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross
>>
>> <maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:
>> >
>> > If there was late help from extra individuals marketing and promoting
>> > eoma-* standard devices like Improv and there were magically the number
>> > of pre-orders needed would it be possible to resume makeplaylive being a
>> > client? I expect they are stuffed when they can't even mention eoma-68!
>>
>>  well the problem is that they didn't keep us informed of numbers, as
>
> This is not accurate,

 ok.  let me be more specific.  you did not keep us informed of
numbers within a reasonable time-frame.  delays of several weeks
before responding with a status update is, i believe, reasonable to
summarise as "not keeping us informed of numbers".

 if you had advised us immediately that you only had 200 to 250 units
after one month when we requested after one month that you inform us
of numbers, we would have had time to do something.

 but you did not respond to my associate's request.

 he had to ask several times. each time you did not respond.

 eventually after several months we received a response.  by then it
was too late.

> but I'm not going to get into details of what was a
> series of private conversations,

 which my associate kept me appraised of, as you may not be aware that
i speak with him nearly every day.  aaron: if you genuinely had kept
my associate informed, providing him the status updates he requested
when he requested them, we would not be having this conversation.  we
would have been able to do something.