[Arm-netbook] DTB for eoma-a20 pc?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jun 27 08:47:03 BST 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 11:38 PM, Wookey <wookey at wookware.org> wrote:
> I don't see a DTB file for the eoma-pc a20 (what is the correct name for this board BTW?)

 it actually needs dynamic creation based on:
 * a "base" DTB
 * kernel-time detection of the I2C EEPROM
 * reading of a board-specific DTB file from the I2C EEPROM
 * merging of the "base" DTB with the board-specific DTB.

> Now that mainline kernels should work fine on this board we need a
> DTB. I want to try this but am just wondering if someone has already
> sorted a DTB before I dive in a try to make one.

 feel free but please bear in mind the above, that the identity
*changes* depending on the base-board that the CPU card is plugged
into.   i've spoken to alan cox already and he's suggested for there
to be a bus/eoma68 subdirectory plus lib/eoma68 subdirectory to cover
the shared code across different CPU cards and base-boards.