[Arm-netbook] Regarding Improv, EOMA68, Free Software and Open Hardware.

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu Jun 26 17:13:05 BST 2014

tor 2014-06-26 klockan 08:59 +0000 skrev joem:

> Quite a few distros have been made on the Cubieboard
> awaiting release that will run on EOMA68.
> It would be good if KDE plasma can be working
> on EOMA68 and a touch LCD.
> Or better still, cubieboard and touch LCD
> because that can transfer to EOMA with just
> a few minor changes, whilst in parallel
> Mr. Cubie (Tom)

Tom is no longer involved in Cubietech afaik.

In personally I prefer Olimex boards for development. A little bigger,
but all open and more I/O exposed. Plus a much wider range of boards
available depending on your needs.

>  reaps some benefits from
> Plasma/touch LCD working.
> Any ideas anyone for costs to make it happen?
> (Paypal ready question!)

If it can run ontop of Android MALI drivers then not much should be
missing.

The state for non-Android GNU/Linux MALI drivers is a bit of a mess
unfortunately. Getting this in production shape requires cooperation of
Allwinner and maybe ARM as well.

LIMA is doing good progress, but will likely take a while before it's
capable of running Plasma.

Regards
Henrik