[Arm-netbook] eoma and qimod

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 20:07:36 BST 2014

Two things, that I'd like to contribute.

A new-name suggestion, if it comes to that...

"Open Modular Card System", stylized "OMCaS". (Pronounced AHM-cass) It's,
from what I can tell, a fairly accurate descriptor, and the acronym is
fairly catchy.

...and an idea for further expansion. Rather than have a single CPU card
that plugs into a carrier board with lots of stuff, why not have *multiple*
cards -- both as the "motherboard" and as the expansion cards...? ;) Key
them differently, and then all you need is a mostly-passive backplane
("mostly" because it would obviously break out some of the ports) and a
pile of Cardbus connectors.

What do you all think?

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 3:02 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net