[Arm-netbook] New Micro Breakout Board? How To Quick & Dirty Expose Interfaces?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Jun 23 20:06:01 BST 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross
<maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:

> while I wait for the micro desktop, I wonder howto connect to the rest
> of the interfaces on the board. stuff wires in the pin holes? hehe

 been there, done that - it works.

> The err micro breakout board will need sata replacing with usb, so there
> might be a new batch? I wonder how hard it would be for me to make a
> ultra compact breakout board for my self, a quick and dirty one off.....?

 grab a through-hole PCMCIA connector off of digikey / mouser and
you're pretty much done.  the coarseness of the holes is such that you
might even get away with doing a single layer board with an etching
kit from maplin's!