[Arm-netbook] ARM device - compiling linux software

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Jun 6 14:08:20 BST 2014

>> Looking for another ARM device to assist in software builds, has anybody
>> got any recommendations for a capable board/device available in the UK?
> I like the wandboard quad myself, able to run debian armmp kernels, seems to
> be reasonablly stable (i've been running the autobuilders for raspbian
> jessie on them for a while with only occasional crashes which I half suspect
> are due to my use of btrfs), has an a9 quad core processor, 2GB ram, SATA

I'm using a cubietruck (Allwinner A20 with dual A7 cores).  Works well
as well, though it's clearly less powerful cpu-wise.  I liked its SATA
support better than the Wandboard's (basically, it provides 2'5" SATA
power as well, so you avoid the need for an external power supply).

The mainline Linux kernel support for cubietruck is not great but is
sufficient for sever-style uses (no video, no audio, no OTG).

        Stefan