[Arm-netbook] Another "new" ARM plateform (Simon Kenyon)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Jan 19 11:36:56 GMT 2014

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 2:48 PM, Erix <erixbzh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> step by step informations are coming out from this new "player".
> informations I could obtained from them are:
>
> for the LAN chip it is :AR 8035
> for the WIFI chip is: RTL 8188EUS
>
> the "schematic" of the platform can be found here:
> http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/document/tbs2910/TBS2910-Matrix-ARM-mini-PC-SCH_rev1.0.pdf

 good find.  they accidentally left the words "Sabre" in it - so it's
based on the open reference platform schematics :)

> I have a question about the miniPCie port included on this platform, what
> kind of interfaces/extensions can we find for it?

 MiniPCIe *is* an interface, and it *is* an extension.  so the
question doesn't make any sense.

 what you probably mean is, "what kind of I/O boards can be plugged
into a MiniPCIe slot?" and the answer to that includes MiniPCIe NAND
Flash drives, WIMAX cards, 802.11n 300mbit/sec WIFI cards and so on.

 you _can_ also get converters (on sites like hwtools.net) which
provide on one side a MiniPCIe board, a cable, and on the other side a
standard 1x PCIe PCB that will take a standard PCIe card.