[Arm-netbook] 7inch Tablet Layout suggestion

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Feb 19 11:32:48 GMT 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 7:54 AM, mike.valk at gmail.com
<mike.valk at gmail.com> wrote:

>>  i kinda like it.  it'd have a deliberately chunky feel, easy to hold.
>>  thickness would be around 12mm, unless you left the back of the CPU
>> card exposed (then you get about 2mm back).
>

> Well I made a "window" gap. So you can see which card/battary is in it and
> to help with heat dissipation

 awesome.  that puts the thickness of the device somewhere around the 10mm mark.

> Did you mean the generic Wifi sticks or the cell-service sticks?

 both.  they tend to be around the max end of the 0.5A limit.

> How about promoting it on the Sunxi mailinglist/wiki. They sprouted from
> here so why not?

 as discussed before, they're running on proprietary mailing list
software that requires registration that is unacceptable to me, and
incompatible with the project's ethics, so i cannot do that.

 ...  however there is nothing to stop anyone else from doing so.