[Arm-netbook] IC for analog and digital buttons (EOMA-68)

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Mon Aug 11 23:49:48 BST 2014

mån 2014-08-11 klockan 15:46 +0100 skrev Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton:

>  c) part of that area involves the device-tree "merging" code (that
> will need to be written), so that the CPU Cards can dynamically detect
> what they're plugged into, load the Device-Tree fragment out of the
> EEPROM and go from there.

Beaglebone have something like that in their kernels with device tree
overlays loaded runtime based on eeprom contents of connected "shields".

>  publishing "buttons" via a USB-HID, and publishing the analog
> joystick again as a USB mouse, in theeeoorrryyy "Random OS Mk VII"
> *might* actually work.

I might even say SHOULD work, that's the point of having USB standards.
But not all buttons might be mapped to meaningful events out of the box.

And joystick do have it's own USB-HID profile.

Regards
Henrik