[Arm-netbook] IC for analog and digital buttons (EOMA-68)

krasi gichev krasimirr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 08:56:14 BST 2014

> nope.  that rules out the IC1T and the jz4775 CPU cards.  not gonna
happen.
It is always to balance between requirements. If this CPU card forces
Miguel to add $4 IC, that what's the benefit of $2 SoC? In fact probably
his product will be useless with IC1T? If I was him, I would say that such
cards are not supported in his product and put an end to this. Instead of
searching for expensive hubs and changing the base board to support this -
just to be able to conform to all options and support card that just can't
be used there because of other limitations.
Is it so that any EOMA based product (like his console) should run with any
EOMA card (I mean to be able to run with minimum supported feature set of
the standard)? Is it allowed to have a product that requires some of
optional features to be present?
If this is out of the scope of the discussion, just ignore it. Personally I
have some other problems with EOMA idea so I had to switch my design to
other form factor - so I don't "deserve" answer. Just trying to be helpful.