[Arm-netbook] IC for analog and digital buttons (EOMA-68)

Miguel Garcia gacuest at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 12:19:35 BST 2014

>  if you draw out (even sketch) the full connectivity
> required then we can help evaluate.

A basic block diagram. If there is any error or someone knows a better
component or a better way to do the connections, I appreciate that
that person says it.

Block Diagram EOMA-68 Handheld Games Console v.0.9

-----------------
Slot PCMCIA:
-----------------

The part number of Slot PCMCIA is: Amphenol G659EU1X2472X

The datasheet is:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19251472/11/G659EU1X2472X.PDF

Table of EOMA-68 pinouts:
http://elinux.org/Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/EOMA-68#Table_of_EOMA-68_pinouts

------------
Display:
------------

The part number of display is: BTL507212-W677L

The datasheet is:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19251472/11/5.0''%20LCD%20HD%20-%20GL5005%20Spec_D.pdf

The connector of this display is MIPI, while the connector of EOMA-68
for the display is RGB, so we use a MIPI-to-RGB.

The part number of MIPI-to-RGB is: SSD2828

The datasheet is:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19251472/11/SSD2828QN4_1.0.pdf

The display is connected to MIPI-to-RGB, and MIPI-to-RGB is connected
to EOMA-68 (RGB pinout – 2 to 4, 6 to 8, 10 to 14, 36 to 38, 40 to 42,
44 to 48).

----------------
Touch Panel:
----------------

There is no definitive part number, because we have to design it
specifically for our display  (due to inches and resolution).

We have chosen a similar part number that will be used, but this part
number is not the part number that we use (we selected this because
the connector is the same).

The datasheet is:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19251472/D50-L4030A-K0D.pdf

The connector of the Touch Panel is I2C.

The Touch Panel is connected to I2C of the EOMA-68.

-----------
Battery:
-----------

The part number of battery is: LP8067100-CI

The datasheet is:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19251472/11/LP8067100-CI.pdf

The connector of the battery to PCB is: PH-LT-WT-NA

The  datasheet of the connector of the battery to PCB is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/PH-LT-WT-NA%E6%89%BF%E8%AE%A4%E4%B9%A6.pdf

The connector of the battery to PCB is connected to PMIC.

The part number of PMIC is: AXP209

The datasheet is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/AXP209-SpecSheet-Translated.pdf
and http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/AXP209%20Datasheet%20v1.0_cn.pdf

The PMIC is connected to PWR1, PWR2, PWR3, PWR4, I2C_SCL and I2C_SDA of EOMA-68.

------------
EEPROM:
------------

The part number of EEPROM is: AT24C64

The datasheet is: http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/AT24C64.eeprom.pdf

The EEPROM is connected to I2C of the EOMA-68.

------------------
Accelerometer:
------------------

The part number of Accelerometer is: MXC6225XU

The datasheet is: http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/MXC6225XU.pdf

The Accelerometer is connected to I2C of the EOMA-68 and one of the
GPIO of the EOMA-68.

------------------
USB Host 3.0:
------------------

The part number of USB Host 3.0 (provisional) is: 10117835-002LF

The datasheet is:
http://portal.fciconnect.com/Comergent//fci/drawing/10117835.pdf

The USB Host 3.0nis connected to 1st USB + USB 3.0 of the EOMA-68.

--------------------------------
MicroUSB for Charging:
--------------------------------

This microUSB is only responsible for charging the battery (no USB Host).

The part number of microUSB (provisional) is: 47590-0001

The datasheet is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/micro_usb_ab_475900001_sd.pdf

The MicroUSB is connected to AXP209.

----------------------
LED of Charging:
----------------------

This LED is used to illuminate when the battery is charging.

We have not yet selected a part number (a generic LED).

The LED is connected to AXP209.

------------
MicroSD:
------------

The part number of microSD is: MM027S020R

The datasheet is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/litkconn_MICRO%20SD%20PUSH-PUSH%20A.pdf

The MicroSD is connected to GPIO of EOMA-68.

-------------
WIFI USB:
-------------

The part number of WIFI (USB) is: CCandC WM-294 1T1R

The datasheet is:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19251472/11/WM-294_module-V2.2%28PCB%20v%20C%29.pdf

The WIFI USB is connected to USB HUB.

The part number of USB HUB is: FE1.1s

The datasheet is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/FE1.1s%20Data%20Sheet%20(Rev.%201.0).pdf

The USB HUB is connected to 2nd USB of EOMA-68.

----------------
Bluetooth USB:
----------------

The Bluetooth USB part number has not yet been chosen, even so, is a
generic BT, so the connection/power would be similar to the WIFI.

The BT USB is connected to USB HUB.

The part number of USB HUB is: FE1.1s

The datasheet is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/FE1.1s%20Data%20Sheet%20(Rev.%201.0).pdf

The USB HUB is connected to 2nd USB of EOMA-68.

---------------------------------
FlashDrive USB (optional):
---------------------------------

Not sure to include the flashdrive, but is an option because is not a
big change in the design (the same USB HUB is used). You can remove
the USB Flash Drive and use this for controls.

The FlashDrive USB part number has not yet been chosen, even so, is a
generic FlahsDrive, so the connection/power would be similar to the
WIFI.

The FlashDrive USB is connected to USB HUB.

The part number of USB HUB is: FE1.1s

The datasheet is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/FE1.1s%20Data%20Sheet%20(Rev.%201.0).pdf

The USB HUB is connected to 2nd USB of EOMA-68.

--------------
Microphone:
--------------

We have not yet selected a part number (a generic Microphone).

The Microphone is connected to USB Audio Controller.

The part number of USB Audio Controller is: CM108AH

The datasheet is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/CM108_DataSheet_v1.6.pdf

The USB Audio Controller is connected to USB HUB.

The part number of USB HUB is: FE1.1s

The datasheet is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/FE1.1s%20Data%20Sheet%20(Rev.%201.0).pdf

The USB HUB is connected to 2nd USB of EOMA-68.

-----------------
Audio Jack:
-----------------

The part number of Audio Jack is: PJ-3545-5L1G

The datasheet is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/PJ-3543-L6G%20Model%20(1).pdf

The Audio Jack is connected to USB Audio Controller.

The part number of USB Audio Controller is: CM108AH

The datasheet is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/CM108_DataSheet_v1.6.pdf

The USB Audio Controller is connected to USB HUB.

The part number of USB HUB is: FE1.1s

The datasheet is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/FE1.1s%20Data%20Sheet%20(Rev.%201.0).pdf

The USB HUB is connected to 2nd USB of EOMA-68.

----------------
Speaker (x2):
----------------

We have not yet selected a part number (a generic Speaker (x2)).

The Speaker (x2) is connected to Audio Amplifier.

The part number of Audio Amplifier is: UTC2822D

The datasheet is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/YW-UTC2822D_C.pdf and
http://pdf.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets/90/492970_DS.pdf

The Audio Amplifier is connected to the audio output that goes from
the USB Audio Controller to Audio jack.

The part number of USB Audio Controller is: CM108AH

The datasheet is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/CM108_DataSheet_v1.6.pdf

The USB Audio Controller is connected to USB HUB.

The part number of USB HUB is: FE1.1s

The datasheet is:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/FE1.1s%20Data%20Sheet%20(Rev.%201.0).pdf

The USB HUB is connected to 2nd USB of EOMA-68.

---------------
Power Button:
---------------

The Power Button is a generic button with click

The Power Button is connected to 43 POWER# of EOMA-68.

------------------------
Digital Buttons (x17):
------------------------

4 buttons (2 digital triggers and Vol + and Vol-) would be generic
buttons with click (although maybe we put rubbers to makes softer
press them, should be viewed) and the other buttons are the typical
buttons ABXY on the PCB with rubbers (similar to xbox 360 controller
or snes controller).

The Digital Buttons are connected to ?????????

-----------------
Joystick (x2):
-----------------

The part number of Joystick es: CTS 254TA103B50B-ND

The datasheet is:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/254TA103B50B/254TA103B50B-ND/1755918

Each joystick has 2 ADCs and 1 digital button. We need 2 joystick, so
we use 4 ADCs and 2 digital buttons.

The Joystick is connected to ?????????

---------------------------
Digital Trigger (x2):
---------------------------

The analog trigger is a piece of plastic connected to a potentiometer,
which when pressed moves the potentiometer, and to return to its
original position there is a spring (see analog trigger of GameCube or
Wii Classic Controller as an example).

The part number of potenciómetro is: Panasonic EVA-W7NR04B34

The datasheet is:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/EVA-W7NR04B34/P13569-ND/1135944

Each potentiometer has 1 ADCs. We need 2 potentiometers, so we use 2 ADCs.

The Potentiometer is connected to ?????????

A basic sketch of the block diagram:
http://oi57.tinypic.com/16aeffb.jpg

Do you want some more detail?

Thanks for your help!