[Arm-netbook] Raspberry Pi Compute Module

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 03:04:34 BST 2014

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 9:32 PM, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross <
maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:

> hmm, I guess more people will get emotional attached to rpi. :(

...is it just me, or is the idea of a $35 (ish) computer that requires a
$100+ monitor (or some *really* clever jiggering and something that can
receive blurry ugly composite video) in order simply to have a display...
well, doesn't that seem a little stupid? Above all else, the Pi is
(theoretically) supposed to be a hacker/maker-friendly, hobbyist-friendly,
super-low-cost computer. There really aren't many display interfaces in the
world that are *less* hacker/maker- and hobbyist-friendly than HDMI.
Besides, all my displays are VGA only -- and I'm not in a hurry to change
that. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, you know? As far as I'm concerned,
HDMI can go play a nice long game of Hide And Go **** Yourself.

tl;dr I'm buying a RasPi if it doesn't have a VGA port or some otherwise
native support for VGA.

@Luke -- I remember you're particular about etiquette -- I hope I'm not
screwing it up -- I'm a little rusty :(