[Arm-netbook] Home microserver based on ARM

mike.valk at gmail.com mike.valk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 14:49:02 BST 2013

2013/9/27 Stefan Monnier <monnier at iro.umontreal.ca>

> >> But to use something like the quattro docking station, either you have
> >> to use a USB connection (rather undesirable, especially since all those
> >> ARM thingies seem to be limited to USB-2.0 so far), or you have to use
> >> a SATA connection where the controller supports "port multiplier".
> > Both types support sata multiplier.
>
> I lost you: both types of what?  Both the i.MX6 and the A10/A20 SoCs?

You lost me twice. There Are two CuBox modules now:
1st CuBox/CuBox Pro. Which Has the Marvell Armada.
http://www.solid-run.com/mw/index.php?title=CuBox_hardware_specification
2nd CuBox-I. Which comes in the four flavors of i-MX.
http://imx.solid-run.com/wiki/index.php?title=CuBox-i_Hardware

Unfortunately they don't have a Allwinner A10/A20 version. There HW design
is quite good and sw hacker frendly. Eg. built-in USB->UART chip.

> > Just read that the original CuBox does it better. The Marvell armada one.
> > That is.
> > It seems that the Inc doesn't support asynchronous transfer.
>
> Are you saying that the Armada chip only supports the "command based
> switching" (so only one drive can be active at a time), whereas the
> i.MX6 (used in CuBox) supports "FIS–based switching" (commands can be
> sent to drives regardless if other drives still haven't finished
> processing previous commands)?

Just the opposite:
1st: Marvell Armada -> FIS Based switching
2nd: i-MX -> Command based switching
http://www.solid-run.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=8001&sid=c661b1aaed86bc1a51006d13312ea732#p8001
(posted by Rabeeh; The company's founder/CTO)