[Arm-netbook] [flying squirrel] TODO list

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon Sep 30 12:53:13 BST 2013

On Mon, 2013-09-30 at 12:24 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 12:03 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I assume the associates have never done
> > business in Far East and carry on as if they
> > are doing business in west as if it will get them
> > results :)
>
>  they've never done *technical* business in the far east.
>
> > You need to train them Luke.
>
>  well, what i'm having to do instead is let them see the consequences
> of them overriding my advice, because they're quotes more experienced
> quotes than i am so tend to weight my advice with a zero rating.

been there, done that, just stick to your position without saying
"i told you so", and they will eventually see it your way.
And even if they didn't your future projects are not infected
with their insanity.

>  it's... very interesting to hear that you recommend the kind of
> advice that i'd naturally / instinctively would follow [except for
> getting upset when they don't follow explicit instructions and don't
> tell me what they have and haven't done]...

Don't get upset. Always say thank you for what you received, and send
it back as request for more modifications, and add to it some test
results and photos that cover your point instead of relying on
instructions and verbose commands. Dan Quale was a failed politician
when he said "Verbosity makes things unclear". He would have made a
great production engineer had he marched up and down a production line
saying that!!!!

Sometimes it takes several attempts because the bundles of production
files and miles of paperwork being handed up and down the chain is
flawed. Its not anyone's fault.