[Arm-netbook] [flying squirrel] TODO list

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 11:16:59 BST 2013

ok i'm available full-time pretty much until the 9th october to get on
with sorting out the flying squirrel I/O board.

here's what's working:

* CPU Card.  everything.  tested.  working.
* LCD.  backlight, LVDS.  tested.  working.  19V backlight, 3.3v
power, LVDS signals - all ok.
* Touch panel.  works 1st time perfectly, but doesn't respond to
"reset" signal after rmmod and modprobe.
* USB Hub on the I/O Board PCB.

what's on the list:

* identifying the EOMA68 I2C EEPROM
* testing the I2C 3D sensor
* programming the 2nd AXP209 over the I2C bus
* setting the AXP209 voltages for the camera
* checking the Micro-USB connector (have to add some components,
they're missing)
* WIFI module powerup

by that time it's entirely into software:

* porting adamgreig's followingrobot code to read camera data
* updating libopencm3 to do "2-way isochronous USB" (1-way is already done)
* setting the Mic volume with PWM and reading the ADC using DMA
* programming PWM without blowing up the speakers or the amplifier

couple of things along the way:

* suspend/resume
* battery charging (when the battery arrives)
* powering the CPU Card from the mains input rather than the CPU Card's USB-OTG
* find out why the AXP209 is randomly shutting off (could be floating reset?)
* sorting out charging / power from the Micro-USB connector on the I/O board.

right.... where to start :)