[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 + SATA dock becomes accidental PC that boots in 20 seconds

Christopher christopher at firemothindustries.com
Fri Sep 20 22:17:11 BST 2013

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 20, 2013, at 4:07 PM, "luke.leighton" <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> allrightallright!!  the issue is that we have to pay for batches of
> 1k+ units, we can't arse about buying 100 here or 100 there.  and we
> also need to coordinate with the MEB design and testing.
>
> right now the MEB is what's holding things up.

In my defense, it's been Amphenol holding things up the last 2 weeks for the PCMCIA connector. The MEB schematics are done, only waiting on the connector finalization. I have all the parts on my desk for 3 MEBv2s, minus PCBs.

>> That reminds me, if anyone has two spare eomas with MEB they are not using,
>> i offer to buy. I need them to swap out some heavy power sapping PCs and replace them
>> with these power efficient devices (for http, ftp and ssh server).
>>
>> Apparently they are gold dust ;)
>
> there's only been 30 made so far!

I can do another batch of 30 MEBs, but they'd be $55 each because I can't donate what I did for the 1st Batch. Nor would I have the time to solder that many again for free.