[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 + SATA dock becomes accidental PC that boots in 20 seconds

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Fri Sep 20 20:52:56 BST 2013

EOMA68-A20 + SATA dock becomes accidental PC that boots in 20 seconds

http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/eoma_boot.html#eoma_as_a_pc

It seems adding a sata dock to the EOMA makes it become a competent PC that boots in 20 seconds!!
An SSD was used, so its also silent and vibration free.

Measuring currents, the EOMA takes up a maximum of 0.5A at 5V.
The normal operating current is about 300mA. Thats about 1.5W excluding
the drive. Easy to power this thing off solar panels.

For servers the sata dock allows swap out drives as needed. The sata dock costs about $20.
A low spec SSD costs about $30. Suddenly you got a PC that runs faster than a nettop
costing twice as much and contains a lot more wasting chips. Unlike MK802 and similar
devices, this device with a SATA fitted feels a lot less fragile and as responsive as PCs.

Luke should not be "hanging around" with all this tech that is working or workable.
The silly boy should be talking money off customers and waste less time
writing long love letters in arm-netbook.
Get it out into production and start selling I say - even if they are in batch quantities of 25.

That reminds me, if anyone has two spare eomas with MEB they are not using,
i offer to buy. I need them to swap out some heavy power sapping PCs and replace them
with these power efficient devices (for http, ftp and ssh server).

Apparently they are gold dust ;)