[Arm-netbook] ARM system with good wifi

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Sep 20 16:04:53 BST 2013

> FYI: The 2W device I mention gives 26mbits per second.
> The access point is 100 meters away in a different building
> to one I work. This with a x86 netbook.
> In short if the device could do that, and you got lot less,
> its drivers and/or cpu horse power that is keeping data
> transfer rates low.

As explained, I know I can get an external adapter that does the job.
The question is whether someone can recommend a system where the
*internal* adapter works well.

The advantages (lower parts count, lower power consumption, more USB
ports available for other uses, ...) might not matter to you, but they
matter to me.

The lack of other answers makes me suspect that all the builtin wifi
adapters on ARM systems just suck, IOW what I'm looking for
doesn't exist.

        Stefan