[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 now booting Linaro distro from uSD card

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 09:23:25 BST 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:

>         2. In the Linux directory, the file
>         arch/arm/configs/sun7i_defconfig has been modified to add
>         CONFIG_SUNXI_EMAC=y

 i think it would be best if you provided that file.  doesn't matter
that it's just modified to add one thing.

>         3. instead of make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-
>         sun4i_defconfig, used make ARCH=arm
>         CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- sun7i_defconfig
>
>         4. The remaining information came from
>         http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/ to set up the EOMA
>         to boot from uSD card, and get this file
>         http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/script.fex to inform
>         Linux of hardware configuration.
>             That file has been modified to shut off LCD for now and
>         enable HDMI,

 ... and this one.

phil, that looks reasonable to me: what about you?  i think we may
have been under the impression that joe, by not following previous
instructions, wasn't in a position to clearly explain what he was
releasing.  although it's still not directly explicit and absolutely
clear, i think he's pretty much there.

 joe it would be much better rather than having someone else's
instructions and saying "you have to follow this but substitute x for
y", it would be much better to have "you do x".