[Arm-netbook] Is the A31 not suitable?

Derek LaHousse dlahouss at mtu.edu
Thu Sep 12 18:33:52 BST 2013

luke.leighton <luke.leighton <at> gmail.com> writes:

> it's not yet been possible to
> find a suitable FOSS-friendly non-expensive easily-accessible
> quad-core SoC that fits the general-purpose requirements of EOMA68

Luke,
Does this rule out the A31 as well?  Was it a power envelope issue, or the
reworking of traces?  Ongoing trouble with GPL compliance?  I had expected
to see a version 2 with the A31, after your A20 card did well.

On the topic of doing well:  Ethernet, SATA work.  Can you make any
forward-looking statements to when you might do another run of EOMA68 cards?
 Do I have to wait until it shows up on the shelves of my local hypermart?

Derek