[Arm-netbook] SATA - ATAS

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 19:43:02 BST 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-09-10 at 16:55 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
>

>> > `/home/jm/code/eoma/linux/arch/arm/mach-sun7i/pm/standby'
>> > jm at jm-inspiron:~/code/eoma/linux$ git clean -f
>>
>>  git clean -f first, then do the make.  otherwise the old [corrupted?]
>> .o files will attempt to be added to the same archive.
>
> The log file says that it was done that way:
> http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/compile_error4.txt

 then that's just... plain odd.  and should be reported to the ubuntu
team responsible for gcc.  segfaults like that are pretty serious.

>>  if this really continues to bugger up you might have to use debian's gcc 4.4.
>>
>>  hhmmmm... or patch the bloody code.  i might see if i can find you a
>> different 3.3-a20 kernel source to use, joe.
>

> I've downloaded debian DVDs.

 ok - then when you've done that add these to /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/emdebian/toolchains squeeze main
deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/emdebian/toolchains testing main

and from there you can do "apt-get install gcc-4.7-arm-linux-gnueabihf
gcc-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabi " which will give you a) the 4.4 compiler
that i know will successfully compile the allwinner-crap and b) the
4.7 compiler that will compile the rest.

> I can get another SSD and install it - bbbbut - I'm more interested
> in this thing working on more than just one distro and it all becoming
> distro agnostic work as much as possible.

 well.. if a distro doesn't get their act together by providing a
stable compiler there's not a lot you can do about that except a)
report it upstream b) install your own known-working compiler.

> (Also, if you remember, linux-sunxi compiles OK.)

 yes, because they went to the trouble of putting that entirely
together themselves, *including* fixing the bloody mess that allwinner
made of the power-standby code, integrating it properly.

 you _could_ compile up linux-sunxi 3.4 and try that instead.