[Arm-netbook] SATA - ATAS

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Tue Sep 10 16:03:27 BST 2013

On Tue, 2013-09-10 at 13:44 +0200, Arokux X wrote:

>         3. Make one script per distro that runs on
>            reference virtual machine unattended
>            that gives option to download the sources
>            if not already done, download and apply patches or updates
>            compiles it and creates the uSD images that
>            can fit in a 1GB uSD card.
>            The script then gives the option to dd the image
>            to uSD card and expand the partition to fill their uSD
>         card.
>
> There is already something like this which is called sunxi-bsp, check
> it out here:
>
> http://linux-sunxi.org/FirstSteps#The_easy_option:_sunxi-bsp

Wow! Wow! I checked and EOMA68 was in there.
Then I notice its EOMA-68-A10   :(
Likewise cubieboard original only   :( :(

But that scheme is brilliant - it generates
the sd card with the flick of a wrist!
That is all that is needed.

I had cubieboard 2 A20 distro booted yesterday from uSD card.
Made the card manually from images.
http://cubieboard.org/download/
Didn't have much time left -yesterday  so I check their sata may be
later today.
Hopefully learn from all that to get around emoma issues.