[Arm-netbook] SATA - ATAS

Arokux X arokux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 12:29:31 BST 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk>wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-09-10 at 11:17 +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
>

> > Joe, Would this have worked better for you?
> >
> >    git clone http://git.hands.com/linux.git linux-from-git.hands.com
> >    cd linux-from-git.hands.com
> >    git checkout -b lkcl-3.3-a20
> >    make -j3 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- KDIR="$PWD" -C
> arch/arm/mach-sun7i/pm/standby all
> >    make -j3 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- uImage modules
> >
> > Just so you follow what I've changed, first I've given the clone an
> > extra parameter, which names the new directory explicitly, rather than
> > just using the 'linux' bit of the URL, and secondly I'm using $PWD,
> > which contains the current directory, rather than leaving whatever my
> > directory might be called in the cut&paste -- obviously, that only works
> > if you've cd-ed to the right directory, but then again, it's not really
> > going to work if you don't.
>
> Thank you Phil, that is much more script friendly and less human
> intervention.
> Hope to make a complete script out of it soon enough.
> I am running commands on the netbook now - will know in a while.
>
> The build environment is Ubuntu 12.04.3 and it works 100% with
> linux-sunxi for Cubieboard2 A20 CPU. Results for trying to compile
> http://git.hands.com/linux.git cloned yesterday are here:

I am really sorry for you struggling with this. I'll add few remarks. You
do not need to clone all the time, just make sure your kernel tree is clean
by issuing

make clean

You may also check with git to see if you changed something unintentionally

git status

The option -j3 is not general, 3 stands (as a rule of thumb) for the
number_of_cpu_cores + 1, maybe your PC has more then 2 cores...

Also, what about kernel config? There is one at
http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/ but you do not use it? Normally
someone needs to issue make blah_defconfig or the like. Or the existing
config could be copied to .config

cp eoma68-a20-config /path/to/kernel/dir/.config

I think that could probably solve your current issue. But as you I'm
learning here, so warranty whatsoever. :)

Anyway, I encourage you and others here to switch as soon as possible to
the sunxi-3.4 kernel supported by linux-sunxi community. It is very well
supported and you can always find someone on the irc. Once you decide to
give it a try just show up there for help!