[Arm-netbook] SATA - ATAS

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Sun Sep 8 23:30:05 BST 2013

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 9:08 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> Looks like a mirror image problem.
> Pin 7 is the notch end of the sata connector.
>
>            EOMA     SATA     MEB
> TXP       63            2            6
> TXM       64           3            5
> RXP       67           6            2
> RXM      68            5            3

 _maybe_.  if you ....  ah you've got the wrong pinout numbers, joe, for EOMA68.

 from http://elinux.org/Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/EOMA-68#Table_of_EOMA-68_pinouts

* 32 SATA-III Transmit (A+) * 66 SATA-III Transmit (A−)
* 33 GROUND * 67 GROUND
* 34 SATA-III Receive (B+) * 68 SATA-III Receive (B−)

ok so apart from that, remember that Tx has to be connected to Rx, and Rx to Tx.

so it's:

           MEB E68
TXP/A+   2   32
TXM/A-   3   66
RXM/B-   5   68
RXP/B+   6   34

that's according to the PDF, which is correct.

--
So confusing - I'm going by the 'other diagram' and forgot about
official EOMA diagram.

now let's look at the connector, which is Molex P/N CD2108-73456

holding the board so that the connectors are all facing directly
upwards into the air (vertically) with the PCB in front of your face,
pin 1 of SATA is on the *RIGHT*, and you should see a diagonal cut on
the connector.  if you then tip it towards you there is a right-angle
tab nearest that pin.

(yes this DIRECTLY conflicts with
http://connector.pinoutsguide.com/7_pin_Serial_ATA_motheboard_internal/
remember we're doing "motherboard" connector so yes the MEB should be
like this motherboard internal connector *NOT* wired like hard drive
connectors)

--
This is so confusing.
There can only be one crossover in the entire system.

Anyway, good news is Chris has it working. If anyone has a uSD image for testing they can share, then I can do tests as well.