[Arm-netbook] [EOMA68] RS232 on SoCs

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Fri Sep 6 22:14:11 BST 2013

tis 2013-09-03 klockan 14:43 +0100 skrev luke.leighton:

>  ... then my guess would be that there's something else at play here.
> are you running via a USB hub?  have you checked the current draw?  if
> it's really greater than 500mA then i suspect something's wrong with
> the board (short or partial-short somewhere).

An Allwinner A20 is likely to draw more than 500ma under load.

It is also very likely that whatever you are powering your USB cable
with provides quite a bit more than the minimum required 500ma. If you
can run a old 2.5" HDD then it for sure does as those uses about 1A at
spinup.

If anyone have issues with powering EOMA68-A20 using USB connected to a
desktop or laptop on AC power then I would suggest first trying another
USB cable. It is not uncommon that the cable is at fault.

Regards
Henrik