[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 lcd panel boards

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 00:36:00 BST 2013

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Sorry Luke, but where do the LVDS signals come from to drive this LCD?
>>
>>  from the RGB-ttl-to-LVDS converter IC you previously mentioned.  in
>> the case of the flying squirrel it's using a TI SN75LVDS83b
>>
>>> Can A20 LVDS signals be routed to the LCD or GPIO pins through software?
>>
>>  yes but if you do so it's non-EOMA68-compliant.  so please try not to
>> encourage people too much.
>>
>>> Does that not mean some kind of MEB variant with FPC connector
>>> needs to be rushed to be made to accommodate?
>>
>>  ok because of the significant variations in LCDs and their backlight
>> drivers i'd recommend a daughterboard approach
>>
>> --
>> best get on with it a daughterboard then!
>> May be two types - one LVDS, other is RGB patch panel to FCP connector(s).
>
>  that'd be magic.  but, remember, even with that approach, it's still
> a bugger.  what i'd suggest is: pick say 3 panels, say... one a
> 1024x600 7in, one an 800x480, and another say... an 11in 1366x768 or
> something random like that, and knock out some circuits specifically
> targetted at those 3.

 http://www.panelook.com/A116XW02%20V0_AUO_11.6_LCM_overview_323.html

 i found that with the search below.  i went "pick size first, are
there lots of them in production?" no, then pick another size.  found
that 1366x768 is quite common.  next clicked on "production only".

 i then went "ok sort by in stock" and found one that looked great -
10.1in - until i noticed it was MIPI only.  so i went back and
selected "LVDS only", then that 11in one from AUO came up.

 http://www.panelook.com/modelsearch.php?pagesize=50&order=invnum&panel_type=&product_composition=&brand_family=&panel_size_inch=&resolution_pixels=1366768&brightness=-1&gray_depth=&viewing_angle_function=&lamp_type=&signal_type_category=LVDS&rohs_compliance=&button=Search

ok so now search for the model number, ey look, a datasheet!
 http://www.braemac.co.uk/pdf/AUO%202013/A116XW02%20V0.pdf

sooo... what's in it.... 2. general description LED backlight, 16:9
aspect ratio, RGB 6-bits over LVDS... 9 watts, eek!!  this is why i
don't like panels over 10in ah well.. *sigh*...  50 degree viewing
angle (page 6....) ....  3.3V, 0.8W logic power... backlight: 12V, 8.4
watts (eek!)

... 30 pins JAE FIX30HL

... looks ok to me.   other than the ridiculous amount of power needed
for these larger panels backlights!