[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 ethernet testing

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 15:27:24 BST 2013

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-09-05 at 08:41 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
>> ethaddr.  henrik typed the command from memory.  setenv ethaddr.
>>

>> > Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0       (pressed a key to stop the count down here)
>> > sun7i#
>> > sun7i# setenv macaddr 00:00:00:00:00:01
>> > sun7i# setenv ipaddr 172.16.1.25
>> > sun7i# setenv netmask 255.255.255.128
>> > sun7i# ping 172.16.1.1
>> > ENET Speed is 100 Mbps - FULL duplex connection
>> > *** ERROR: `ethaddr' not set
>> > ping failed; host 172.16.1.1 is not alive
>> > sun7i#
>

> Checked uboot documentation and their notes agrees with suggestion.
> I do it this evening.

 awesome

> I had meeting yesterday and mention progress of EOMA.
> The company still very interested in seeing EOMA succeed
> but prefer I stick to distance and dabbling because of other pending
> stuff.
>
> What about LCD? Do you have specific models?
> I can get 2 pieces ordered in anticipation.

 for really really quick testing if you have a 320x240 or 800x480
kicking about, give it a shot!

> The VGA I will send a couple of bare boards to Chris
> when they arrive because he can get them soldered faster
> than I can.

 great.

> How is the LCD to interface to be implemented for the first trial
> devices - RGB parallel

 EOMA-68 is RGB/TTL (ok, it's directly off the A10 / A20 RGB/TTL
lines).  however if that truly goes tits-up then we have to change the
EOMA-68 spec to single/dual LVDS.  i'm not looking forward to doing
that - let's hope it's not necessary.

>or LVDS? If LVDS do you need another board built
> that takes RGB and converts to LVDS using a chip like the THC63LVD823B
> from Thine?

 the issue is not so much the LVDS but the power needed for the LCD.
these are usually very specific to the LCD.

 the flying squirrel PCB will be arriving in a couple of days so i'll
try that - it has all the power etc. for the LCD built-in.