[Arm-netbook] TPM backdoor

freebirds at fastmail.fm freebirds at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 5 13:23:32 BST 2013

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013, at 04:13 AM, joem wrote:
"The priority as guided by Luke is currently getting SATA working."

Another priority of this mailing list is the Rhombus laptop. I am not a
TPM troll. I offered to donate. I had made the following
recommendations:

(1)  Introduction paragraph on the webpage for newbies describing the
laptop as open source hardware, a link to a wiki describing open source
hardware, and a description of what the laptop won't have (TPM, hidden
unremovable bluetooth, Computrace, etc)
(2)  A request for donations and volunteers;
(3)  A donation button
(4)  Link to a mailing list for people willing to volunteer. (The
rhombus laptop needs its own mailing list.)

The webpage needs a description of how the laptop would be better and
more secure than Windows, Mac & Google. An important safety feature to
discuss is the bootloader.

I had waited for an UEFI BIOS netbook hoping that the promised "secure
boot" would indeed be secure. It was not. My abuser's crackers were
still able to tamper with the bootloader. Previously, I was asked for
evidence of cracking. Below is evidence of their tampering with the
bootloader of two Legacy BIOS netbooks:

Because the crackers resize the partitions on my harddrive to create
unallocate space and install a bootloader on my harddrive, I removed the
harddrive
from most of my netbooks. I reinstalled the Windows harddrive in my
Toshiba NB505 to sell it on craigslist.

Booting POST of a live DVD of Privatix (Debian remix):

pci 0000:00:1d.7 BAR 0: Address space collision on of device
0xf0504000-xf05043ff
NTFS-fs warning (device sda1): load_system_files( ): $Log file is not
clean.
Will not be able to remount read-write. Mount in Windows.
NTFS-fs warning (device sda2): load system_files( ): $Log file is not
clean.
Will not be able to remount read-write. Mount in Windows.
NTFS-fs warning (device sda3): load system_files( ): $Log file is not
clean.
Will not be able to remount read-write. Mount in Windows.
Using makefile-style concurrent boot in runlevel S.

Qubes is a fedora remix developed by Kaspersky Labs to be the most
secure operating system. Qubes DVD won't finish booting. Boot post:

end_request critical target error, dev sr0, sector 1937440.
buffer I/0 error on device sr0, logical block

Qubes instructs to type "journalct1:

ACPI Error: CAPB Namespace lookup failure, AE_already exists
(20120913/dsfield-211)
ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed /_SB_.PCIO._OSC (Node
ffff8800334c768a8), AE alreadd
ACPI: Marking method_OSC as Serialized because AE_already exists error

Warning! ehci_hcd should always be loaded before uhci_hcd and ohci_hcd,
not after

end_request: critical target error, dev sr0, sector 1937684
Buffer I/0 error on device sr0, logical block 484421
Failed to start Media check on /dev/sr0
Fatal: CD check failed
Refusing to continue. Starting Emergency Shell.

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different...