[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 ethernet testing

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 22:59:04 BST 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:

>> > sunxi-tools don't work at the moment:
>> >
>> > gcc -g -O0 -Wall -Wextra -std=c99 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L -Iinclude/
>> > `pkg-config --cflags libusb-1.0`  -o fel fel.c  `pkg-config --libs
>> > libusb-1.0`
>> > Package libusb-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>> > Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libusb-1.0.pc'
>> > to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>> > No package 'libusb-1.0' found
>> > Package libusb-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>> > Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libusb-1.0.pc'
>> > to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>> > No package 'libusb-1.0' found
>>
>>  ok, then apt-get install libusb-1.0-dev  (ok on debian it's libusb-1.0-0-dev)
>>
>>  i'll update the page accordingly.
>
> 100%
>

> uboot and sunxi-tools now cross compiles on ubuntu 12.04.3:
>
>   # ARM with floating point support cross compiler install
>   sudo apt-get install gcc-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabihf
>   cd /usr/bin
>   sudo ln -s arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.4 arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
>   cd ~
>
>   # download and cross compile uboot
>   git clone https://github.com/linux-sunxi/u-boot-sunxi.git
>   cd u-boot-sunxi
>   make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- EOMA68_A20_FEL
>   cd ..
>
>   # download and cross compile sunxi-tools
>   sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0.0-dev
>   git clone https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-tools.git
>   cd sunxi-tools
>   make
>   cd ..
>

> --------------------------
>
> Further instructions:
>
>   #To get serial port software such as minicom going:
>
>   sudo apt-get install minicom
>
>   #plug in RS232-USB converter
>   dmesg
>   # should see something like ttyUSB0 attached.
>
>   # unfortunately something has been done to Ubuntu 12.04 leaving serial port
>   # functionality broken - do these to repair it (temporarily)
>   sudo adduser your_user_name dialout
>   sudo chmod a+rw /dev/ttyUSB0
>
>   # open up a new command line window and run serial port from command line and leave it running all the time
>   minicom -s
>   # scroll down to serial port set up, and set device to /dev/ttyUSB0, 115200 8N1,
>   # software or hardware flow control; press enter again to leave that menu.
>   # scroll down and select Exit from the menu. This exits the menu and takes you
>   # to RS232 interactive mode. (minicom exit command is type CRTL-A, Z, X)
>
>   # keeping the 2 pressed on the keyboard, turn on the EOMA, and something like this will show:
>   # (keep pressing the 2 key until "Jump to fel" message is seen on the minicom screen)
>

> HELLO! BOOT0 is starting!
> boot0 version : 2.0.0
> read dram para.
> dram size =1024MB
> 0xffffffff
> super_standby_flag = 0
> [...]

 ... splat.  yeah, repro'd, i get the exact same thing.  that's one
for henrik i feel.

ok, right.  what i've done, joe, is upload a gpl-compliant u-boot
(compiled just now - you can replace it with the one you've just
compiled), and a fel that i compiled a few weeks back which i've still
got a copy of:

 http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/a20/fex-boot.tgz

henrik: by using the absolute latest version of u-boot.bin, absolute
latest version of sunxi-tools and NOT using the absolute latest
version of the spl bootloader but using one from a few weeks ago this
shows that the problem is with the spl bootloader.

joe: that's what's causing the A20 to crash such that the 2nd upload
_completely_ fails because the A20 ain't listening any more (isn't in
FEL mode).