[Arm-netbook] next steps help request

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 14:41:42 BST 2013

I'm following the guide at http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/

Software wise, I manage to do these items so far:

 git clone http://git.hands.com/linux.git
 cd linux
 git checkout lkcl-3.3-a20

 git clone https://github.com/linux-sunxi/u-boot-sunxi.git

 git clone https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-tools.git

Under Ubuntu 12.04, I installed instead of arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.4
the packages
gcc-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabi
gcc-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabihf

I found the file arch/arm/mach-sun7i/pm/Makefile inside
the linux directory, but not really know
what to type into it to get past this hurdle:

"modify arch/arm/mach-sun7i/pm/Makefile to use $(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc-4.4"

Also, is it better to do all this with debian instead of Ubuntu?

Or even better, inside a qemu ARM virtual machine, as debian has armhf
DVD?