[Arm-netbook] [EOMA68] RS232 on SoCs

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 13:30:30 BST 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Philip Hands <phil at hands.com> wrote:

> I've tried just plugging GND and RX (from the converter) in, which I'd
> think would provide no power, and still I generally see no output from
> the fel-loaded uboot -- that's despite the uboot then going on to boot
> Debian from SD to the point that I can log into it over the USB-OTG's
> network.

 ah.  that would tend to suggest that the version of u-boot you've
picked up is not outputting to the correct serial port.  you're the
only person left with an A10 CPU Card (do you have 2 - including the
one with spiked/broken HDMI?  i think i wanted to make sure you had a
fully-working one for debconf)

 so you're the odd-man-out for compiling up u-boot (and kernel!)

powering 5V on the MEB's input, the protection circuit wasn't spec'd
up properly so it goes "oh look i have too much current, let's shut
down".  you can get round this by shorting out the protection resistor
and removing the zener diode, but you *must* provide *exactly* 5.0V.