[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 Boots Android and plays youtube videos very well

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon Sep 2 09:12:07 BST 2013

On Sun, 2013-09-01 at 11:47 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 11:42 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >  btw.  joe.  darling.  we need you to try henrik's u-boot tricks to
> > see if the ethernet's working.  they're on the boot page now.
> >
> > --
> >
> > I am looking at http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/
> >
> > "need arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.4"  do you mean  gcc-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabi ?
>
>  i mean what i said [context being debian, with emdebian toolchains, apologies]

Ah naming difference in ubuntu.
We are both correct.

> > Also git clone http://git.hands.com/linux.git doesn't work with some kind of header error message
>
> works fine here, although i only let that run for 30 seconds or so.
>
> please remember if you get errors to report them in full, otherwise
> nobody can help you.  if you'd reported the full error message i could
> have passed it on to phil, who can check by looking at the logs on the
> server.

Apologies I wasn't meaning to whine, I was merely reporting whilst
googling for answers.

I tried Henrik's repository as well and got different problems,
but eventually managed one time to do a git clone.

Before that,
everything falls over after gigabytes have been downloaded.
It seems the problems are with git.
When doing a first time clone, the situation is diabolical
with the huge numbers of files and histories overwhelming
servers and buffers and so on.

I am betting that means you need to create a clean new
project starting point without the history?

Not sure what kind of management goes into mega software projects.

Anyway, log updated with photos - and still far behind.
http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/eoma_boot.html

I'm waiting on a netbook with 250GB SSD to arrive.
At the moment, everything is split between work PC, home PC and servers
in between. Once its on netbook, I can carry it back and forth and work
on the one machine - keep loosing files and notes all the time at the
moment.