[Arm-netbook] Just a thought...

Christopher Thomas christopher at firemothindustries.com
Wed Oct 23 02:02:14 BST 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Christopher Havel <laserhawk64 at gmail.com>wrote:

>  On 10/22/2013 2:00 PM, Christopher Thomas wrote:
>

>    On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Christopher Havel <
> laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It occurred to me, just now, that if the MEB (or any other EOMA-68
>> carrier board) is put in a housing with built-in guides for
>> I'd love to see a housing like that, with a small carrier board (perhaps
>> a VGA-enabled version of the MEB?)
>

>  Pictures coming tomorrow. :P (including case).
>

>> and a VESA 75mm mounting option. It would enjoy a permanent placement on
>> the back of my spare LCD for sure. (The carrier board would definitely have
>> to support VGA through some means, though, to work with that screen.)
>>

> I gather, then, that I'm not the first to think of that one...?
>

> I'm holding the enclosure right now. 70mmx111mm, aluminum heat spreader,
> polycarbonate shell, VGA will be tested tonight with the MEBv2.

Well, looks like I WON'T be finishing the MEBv2 and VGA Boards tonight.
UPSP "Delivered" the package of parts, but not to me. Now begins the
tedious task of dealing with CS Reps that don't care, and in the process
I'll place another order tonight and pick it up tomorrow.

:)

>  Just curious, what's the height dimension on that case...?

Christopher, as for the enclosure height. It is 7/8in or 22.25mm. The MEBv2
Prototype is 21.34mm in height from EOMA to the top of the ETHERNET jack.
The height won't change, but the length and width might by a couple MM. I
was hoping to have the VGA properly tested and installed into the enclosure
with the headers for the MEB tonight, but maybe tomorrow.

--
Christopher Thomas
Firemoth Industries, LLC - Owner
christopher at firemothindustries.com