[Arm-netbook] My little idea...

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Wed Oct 16 19:07:07 BST 2013

On 10/16/2013 01:58 PM, Christopher Havel wrote:
> LOVE the name :D that's great... KDE as in K Desktop Environment, or is
> there something else out there using the same acronym...? I'm more
> partial to GNOME2 myself :P

Same KDE, they need a device on which to show case their Plasma Active
Tablet environment.

http://plasma-active.org/

Nice thing is, with an GPL compliant card, you'll be able to port, or
get port any distribution / desktop you wish. It's all down to dollars,
time and/or effort.

> On 10/16/2013 1:54 PM, Scott Sullivan wrote:
>> On 10/16/2013 01:45 PM, Christopher Havel wrote:
>>> Oh, yeah... "flying squirrel"...? What the heck...?
>>
>> The Code Name for the KDE based tablet. This will be the one of the
>> first feature products to use the EOMA-68 Cards.
>>
>> http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/kde_tablet/news/

The initial attempt at a device named 'Vivaldi' ran into complications.
I don't know any of the details really, but I believe it had to due with
GPL violation on the part of the SoC vendor. Someone more knowledgeable
can fill that in, or you can search the list archive for previous answers.

http://makeplaylive.com/

--
Scott Sullivan