[Arm-netbook] My little idea...

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 18:35:38 BST 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Christopher Havel
<laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm... I'm blown away. YOU guys think MY stuff is awesome...? Holy crap. I'm
> the smallest fry in the bin.

 no you're not!  the whole purpose of the exercise is to bring people
like you a huge "component" around which boards exactly like the one
you designed can be made up.

> I've got a lifetime total of maybe an hour of futzing with microcontrollers
> -- and I'm being generous there! 90% of what I know how to make is discrete
> logic or transistors-only or relay crap.

 ah.  what are you like at op-amps?  do you know anything about the
LM13700 (absolutely fascinating chip with an amazing history) i need
to use it as a microphone amplifier with voltage-controlled volume.

> Seriously. I'm the sort of electronics hobbyist that has to look up circuits
> on the 'Net and then tweak them or combine them to get what I want.

 uhhh... chris?  i'm not sure i should tell you this but that's
exactly how i put the schematics together for the flying squirrel :)

> The schematics that you say are "awesome" are a combination of six parts
> Wikipedia, five parts general Internet (with tweaking), one part
> pinouts[dot]ru, one part from a Forrest Mims book, three parts sheer
> unadulterated guesswork, and two parts straight off the EOMA-68 wiki page. I
> can't say myself if it's awesome or not, but to me it looks like a total
> kludge :P

 *cackle*.

> If you can link me to the Olimex schematic,

https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=40&q=a10s+olimex+schematics+pdf

try that - you want the "micro"