[Arm-netbook] MEBv1 - All dressed up and no EMOA to go.

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Wed Oct 16 17:17:07 BST 2013

On 10/16/2013 04:57 AM, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 1:53 AM, Scott Sullivan <scott at ss.org> wrote:
>> EMOA MEB's, Now in Colour!
>>
>> http://revident.net/projects/emoa-68/meb-v1-w-cases-in-colour.jpg
>
>   wow cool!

Pretty Easy, I've been doing the Adafruit Raspberry Pi case for visitors
and colleagues ever since it was released under a CC license.

>> So, the last to arrive due to a shipping malfunction, my MEBs arrived today.
>> This evening I spent some time with the Laser Cutter at Hacklab.to to cut
>> out Joem's cases design.
>
>   hey that's awesome scott.

Yeah, this is the same laser cutter with which Cory Doctorow didn't
believe us when we said it could play Music.

http://boingboing.net/2009/11/15/hacklabtos-laser-cut.html

>> I didn't get in on the initial batch of cards due to constraints in time,
>> budget and skills.
>
>   mmm..... i _do_ have *maybe* one spare A10 card: if you're guaranteed
> to use it (we have 20+ CPU Cards out there and only 3 people actually
> using them) i.e. develop some software which ends up improving things
> for other people prior to the 2.5k order going out then i have a case
> for my associates to justify lending it to you.
>
>> Now that the peripherals are confirmed I'm looking
>> forward to standing on the shoulder of giants. Great projects lay ahead.

I appreciate the offer Luke, but I my project ideas and interests focus
more on what to build around the EOMA-68 standard then about the cards
themselves. To that end one of the closer to production A20 cards would
be more suitable as I would know I'm dealing with bugs for the final
platform instead of difference between the A10 and A20. So if one of the
folks that has an A20 card sitting in their drawer would like to arrange
something with me, I'd be happy to discuss that off list.

Otherwise, I'll wait for the next batch.
--
Scott Sullivan