[Arm-netbook] A point of confusion re: EOMA-68

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 19:50:53 BST 2013

Hello all!

I just wanted to try and understand something with EOMA-68 -- just a
small question that's not explained well on the Wiki page. I had a
design idea that I wanted to draw up (not much of the actual circuitry
-- I'm not that good -- but enough so that some electronics engineers
can "fill in the blanks", if you will, with the circuitry I can't figure
out), but I've got to get this figured out first.

So I can sort of figure out that external to the CPU Card, there needs
to be an I2C EEPROM. What I can't quite figure out is the purpose of
that EEPROM. I'm *guessing* that it's for IDing what the external
interfaces are on the host board / carrier board (the PCB that the CPU
Card plugs into) so that the CPU card can turn off what's not needed,
and provide proper I/O protocols to what is needed -- but that's only a
guess, because it's extremely unclear on the Wiki page.

Would you folks be able to provide some clarification?

Thanks!

Christopher