[Arm-netbook] flying squirrel weirdness on the I2C bus

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 14:05:04 BST 2013

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> ahh.... something really weird going on with the flying squirrel i2c
> addressing.  i'm running i2cdetect and it's showing up 0x34 for the
> AXP209 I2C address instead of 0x68, and so on.  i _thought_ i got the
> address for the I2C EEPROM right, from the datasheet (0xA2) - but it
> seems that it's been shifted by one bit (0x51) as well.
>
> help!  i have no idea what's going on here!

 ahh... that's interesting... i2cdetect 0 shows 0x34 for the on-board
AXP209 and that's literally the only device on the I2C bus.  actually
it shows UU instead of 34.

 so the issue's not *specifically* related to the flying squirrel. hmmm...

 does anyone else have debian (or any other OS) up and running, where
they can do a scan of the I2C bus, or otherwise show some kernel log
messages of communication with the AXP209?

 i need to track down whether this is a hardware or software problem
and the more info the better.