[Arm-netbook] Another chip to consider for a future EOMA product

Stéphane Goujet stephane.goujet at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 4 10:26:16 BST 2013

Hello,

  The remarks I will make are based on the Quark X1000 datasheet, not
on the Galileo documentation.

Le Fri, 4 Oct 2013 01:11:55 +0100,
"luke.leighton" <luke.leighton at gmail.com> a écrit :

> * USB-Host x2 (good!  USB2.  low power.  2 USBs saves on a Hub IC in
> some cases)
> * USB-OTG (good!  can make gadgets out of this)

  There is no OTG port on the SoC, but a Device port.

>  * RGMII (good!!!  impressive!  actually i just spotted _two_ ethernet
> ports - awesome!)

  2 ports indeed, but RMII (Fast Ethernet), not RGMII (Gigabit).

>  * DDR RAM: 2x 8-bit (only 16-bit Data) and 16 address lines.

  I have to say I really do not understand why it supports x8 chips only
and not x16. I must miss a point.

Goodbye,
  Stéphane Goujet.