[Arm-netbook] http://www.vortex86dx.com/?page_id=85

Lauri Kasanen cand at gmx.com
Fri Nov 29 11:14:43 GMT 2013

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 21:33:00 +0000
"luke.leighton" <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.vortex86dx.com/?page_id=80
>
> looks like they've got a 2nd version available that has SATA and HDMI.
>  hooray!  perfect EOMA68 CPU Card!  no 3D GPU but hey you can't have
> everything: at least it's got PCIe.

They are not too good with upstream, but free source exists for their
2d block, sound block, and so on. I believe the sound part is merged in
current kernels too, though it took years. The 2d driver is of low
quality, but as source exists, with some love it could get both
performance and less bugs.

As others have said, a 486 at 1 GHz is not too performant, but their
existing chips are usable for some tasks.

- Lauri